A competent individual must be able to successfully perform the following:
1. Implement and maintain the ERCM framework
2. Execute emergency drills according to ERPs
3. Evaluate effectiveness of ERPs
4. Maintain communication with other parts of facility areas not affected by the incident
5. Maintain communication with the crisis management team during emergency incidents
6. Ensure readiness for external support if required
Primarily, people who require such competencies are supervisors and senior/lead technicians working in the plant environment of the chemical and energy industry.
In this unit, learners can acquire the knowledge and competencies to implement and response to emergency and crisis using the principles and techniques of emergency response and crisis management.