This course will cover effective planning and management of traffic control at work zone and public safety. Attendees will learn proper management for traffic control and road safety as well as proper planning based on case studies.
• Introduction LTA code of practice traffic control at work zone
• Introduction to relevant safety acts and regulations
• Job as traffic controller (road flagger)
• Worker and public safety
• Channelising & delineation devices
• Procedures in effective lane closure
• Effective placement of warning devices and safety distances
• Traffic controller/flagger operation requirements
• Theory test
• Practical training on stop-go operations
This course is suitable for personnel involved in supervision of roadwork, traffic control on / near / adjacent to the road or construction site access (especially those involved in roadwork projects/ building construction traffic controllers).