It's a part of human nature that first we over exploit everything around us then after it starts depleting rapidly then there are instances of long foul cries. The case of environmental pollution is no different at all. Before some important global conventions like Kyoto Protocol and Montreal Accords we turned a deaf ear towards the environmental issues and only after that when the signatory countries are forced to follow the rules so are its citizens.
But All thanks to moral policing and national as well as global awareness towards the rising Carbon Footprints have started being tamed specially by the pre world war industrialized countries who used to be also the major contributors of Environmental Pollution.
But at your personal as well as organizational level you can simply adapt some practices to minimize carbon Footprints like-
- Green Building Initiatives:
- Use Eco friendly material and finishing stuffs
- Planting the additional space of building area
- Replace the water intensive plants with less hydrophilic saplings.
- Smarter Transportation Methods
- Apply cycling and walking to your office routine.
- Take public commuting ways.
- If driving is necessity then apply carpool in habit.
- Encourage locally made fresh food
- Discourage packed and sealed food items.
- Use stairs in normal day to day life.
- Unplug whenever electricity equipments are not in use.
- Use strictly the energy efficiency rated appliances.
- Prefer electronic medium of reading instead of hard printed copies like on phone or kindle, use power point presentations, e-subscriptions, and internet resources for communication for educational and commercial purposes.
- Use washable cloth towels and recyclable paper napkins in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Treat kitchen scraps efficiently and in an eco-friendly manner.
- Use Metal/recyclable water bottles instead of plastic glasses to discourage plastic wastes.
- Keep a pitcher/bottle of water in the fridge.
- Don't drain down the foul/clean water but instead store it in tanks to water plants later.