Water Efficiency Management Systems (WEMS)
- The Singapore Standard SS 577:2012 is the national standard on water efficiency management systems, jointly launched by the Singapore Standards Council and PUB, the national water agency.
- The standard, the first of its kind in the world, provides organizations with a framework and a set of guidelines to put in place policies, systems and processes to improve water usage and efficiency.
- Water is a scarce resource with the non-domestic sector consuming about 55 per cent of Singapores daily water demand. Non-domestic water users therefore play a pivotal role in playing their part in conserving water by implementing a system to manage their water usage more efficiently, allowing them to achieve water savings, reduce operational costs and become more competitive.
- The Singapore Accreditation Council launched a new accreditation programme for Water Efficiency Management System certification in 2013.
- The programme aims to increase the industrys confidence by providing accredited third party assurance of SS 577 certifications through competent certification bodies. The accreditation programme also supports the water efficiency initiatives of the Singapore Water Authority, PUB.
Why it is needed?
- Developed by the Public Utilities Board, SPRING Singapore and industry stakeholders, the standard aims to provide a set of framework and guidelines, as well as suggested tools and best practices, for water users to adopt to make improvements to their water usage and efficiency.
- The requirements of water usage, monitoring, measurement, documentation and reporting, design and procurement practices for equipment, systems, processes and personnel that contribute to water efficiency are spelt out.
- The standard thereby assists organizations to prepare their Water Efficiency Management Plan (WEMP).
- Companies that are certified SS 577 recognize the impact and savings of water usage, show responsibility in water usage accountability and also demonstrate their commitment to continually enhance their water usage and efficiency.
How dynamic safety can help you?
We are committed in assisting our valued clients in meeting thier Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety objectives. We will assist you to the design and development to the certification stage.
Download BrochureEnquire Now